Monday, June 21, 2010

Kids Butterfly Punch Art

Right now I'm lovin' my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. It's been put to use A LOT lately and now my daughter is hooked.
She recently asked to create a new piece of art for her room.

So we grabbed an extra frame we had laying around and carefully discarded the glass.

Using some wrapping paper, we wrapped a piece of foam core.

Now it's time to get punching...

We grabbed some scrapbook paper & I let her punch away...

Next we glued down the butterflies onto the wrapping paper (bending the wings to give them some dimension)...

My tired little assistant.

Tah-dah! Not too shabby for a 3 year old!
The whole project took us about 30 minutes and the little one loves it! She's so proud of her new piece of art and I loved the fun time we had creating it together!


The Girl CreativeMaking
 http://www.thethriftyhome.com